04 October 2013

Thrift Store Finds


I live in Thunder Bay, Canada. It is a small city and we have one fabric store: Fabricland. My options are limited unless I order online.

Then I realized we had 4 thrift stores in town. Maybe I'd get lucky and find some patterns? Worth a look right? Well - I found some amazing old school patterns. Take a looky!

Ps. All 10 patterns cost me $0.29 each! How amazing is that?!?!? Pretty amazing. Yes, I answer my own questions. 

Sweet jacket (McCalls 7102)
Jacket without side seams has optional: button closure, notched collar, lower pockets, and upper patch pocket.

Simple shift w bonus Bat Wing Jacket (See&Sew 5154)
Loose-fitting unlined jacket has shawl collar, mock welts, and full dolman sleeves. Loose-fitting dress has bateau neck, elastic waist, and cap sleeves.

Honeycomb waist detail Dress (Style 1310)
Dress with high-line bodice has lowered neckline and slightly cut-in armholes, panelled front skirt with smoking trim, ties from side front seams, and back zipper. Sleeve options: long sleeves gathered into armholes and buttoned cuffs or short bias set-in sleeves.

Bow tie back dress (colour block option) (Buttrick 4776)
Dress has close-fitting, lined bodice, raised waist, slightly flared skirt, contrast tie ends, above elbow sleeves, and back zipper.

The Amish turtleneck and Jumper (McCalls 7207)
Loose fitting jumper has back zipper and dropped waist bodice sewn to gathered skirt; semi-fitted, pullover top has long sleeves, back zipper, and optional shoulder pads (SCORE!)

Sweat Suit Specialty (doesn't say brand?)
View A: pull on top has front and back yokes and drop shoulders; crew neckline, Long sleeves, and hip area are finished with stretch rib-knit bands.
View B: pull-on pants have drawstring in waistband and zippered side seam pockets; legs and waistline are finished with stretch rib-knit bands.
View C: pull-on top has low front yoke with zipper, drop shoulders, hood, and double-pouch front pocket; long sleeves and hip area finished with stretch rib-knit bands.
View D: pull-on pants have elastic waistband with drawstring, cut-away front pockets with inside coin pockets; hemmed straight pant legs have knee patches and optional side seam zippers at ankles.

Batwing Dress (Buttrick 6676)
Very loose-fitting, straight, pullover dress,  has back neck slit with button/loop, low armholes, side pockets, and either above elbow elastic sleeves or long sleeves pushed-up.

Button Front Dress (Buttrick 4544)
Pullover, sleeveless dress, above mid-knee or ankle, has mock bands, semi-fitted bodice, raised waist, and dirndl skirt.

Cross-over Jacket (McCalls 7577)
Long or short sleeve jacket with front and back princess seaming, has appliqué or trim variations and optional lining. 

Tapered Wrap Dress (Buttrick 4017)
Tapered wrap dress with notched collar, dropped shoulders, shoulder pads (Yes!), and yoke with forward shoulder seams, front and back extending into single layer tie ends, back pleated bodice and above elbow sleeves with stitched hems. Narrow hems. 

And my one failure:
Girls 8-in-1 pattern (McCalls 8044)

 Oops. I was so excited for the body suit(top right F) and the panel button placket (centre white C) that I completely missed the part that this is for Girls Not Misses. Ooooopsie! Still cute though. Hey McCalls can you make this in ladies sizes? Much obliged! 

So what do you think of my thrift store pattern haul?? I think I did already! Especially since I thought I wouldn't find anything at all! :D I love to be pleasantly surprised!

Ps. Excuse my shitty photos - I take my photos with my iTouch; it has 0 megapixels. Excellent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment